Tuesday 20 March 2012

Oh! Hello there.

I feel that there is only one possible way of starting this brand new, shiny blog. And that is with this quote:

"Journalism is never done. It's just due."


From the two second Google search I just did, this quote seems to belong to one Natalie Costa. Smart woman.

This is my first post. And I think it is very appropriate that whilst I am writing this, I have a tab open for Facebook, Twitter, Google and youtube. Because if JOUR1111 has taught me anything in the last few weeks, it is that journalism can flourish (or die) practically anywhere. Everyone can have their little moment in the interweb-virtual sunlight. Whether that is a good thing remains to be seen.

I am Cilna van Wijk. I am 18 years old. I live in Brisbane. I was born and bred in South Africa. English is my second language. I am studying Engineering and Journalism. I am a master of procrastination. Nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment